Friday 30 September 2011

Breathe....

At Monday Morning Art Group I took an old painting that I didn't like, Mexican Water Jugs (pic 3) and covered it in gesso and texture paste, then left it overnight to dry. Then covered in Cobalt Turquoise paint and did a bit of stamping including stamping circles onto it. Then I covered it in Quinacridone Red Violet/White and did a little more stamping.  Then I covered it in Phalo Turquoise and blinged up the circles with gold!!! 


Sorry I never got more pics of these final stages. I was going to cover the turquoise in a blue but really liked the turquoise. If you do have a painting that's just not working for you then keep on going with it or start again.  I love the cobalt turquoise with the red/orange/yellow stamping on it - I came across this combination when I was doing my layered painting for the Arts Festival.  I'm still debating as to whether I should add some gold bubbles/dots to it but I think I have enough.

One of the best things about this painting is that now I love it and whilst I'd love you to love/like it too if you don't it doesn't matter to me.  I did learn something from reading Steven Pressfield's The War of Art - Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles - "A 'professional' distances herself from her instrument."

Tomorrow is the start of  Blogtoberfest  - a challenge to blog each day in October - click on the link or the cute blog button at the top of the right column for more details and join in.

Have a great day - see you tomorrow!!

:D



4 comments:

  1. Love it!! your work is so great :)And I always appreciate seeing an Artists Process. Thank you.

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle....love this post. I often use old paintings as a base for something new also..it always adds juicy texture and I like the idea of hidden layers that only you know are there! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tracy, thanks, comments worked for you on my blog....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...