Thursday 8 September 2011

Dear Universe

I wish I had known this a month ago.

"In Traveling Mercies, Anne Lamott writes about a Buddhist belief - the idea that when several things start going wrong all at once it is to protect something bigger and greater that is trying to get itself born - and that whatever it is that is trying to come into our world needs for us to be distracted so that it can be born as perfectly as possible."  Thanks Kelly Rae Roberts.



Yesterday I had a lightbulb moment whilst reading this quote. I have photographed all my paintings using my small Sony camera all in low resolution 72dpi. If I had sold all my paintings that weekend I would not have the opportunity now to re-photograph them with our Nikon SLR in high resolution 300dpi - suitable for printing and magazines/publishing.

Here are my 3 top tips for today that I want you to take away with you...

1.  Photograph your finished artwork/creation in low resolution for the internet - blogs/sites etc and then re-photograph in high resolution for publishing/printing.  (Your computer program may be able to do this from high to low resolution).

2. Tag your final photograph so it's easy to find such as 72art2011 and 300art2011.

3.  Bad things happen but then better things can happen - all part of a bigger picture which we do not know all the details of.

Another beautiful day in my part of the world....wish you were here....

Big love and bear hugs,

Shells.
On the last weekend in July I had 11 paintings for sale at an art show/sale. 20,000 people were meant to come to a food festival in our community and then hopefully come to the art show and buy some art. The weather was rainy and stormy and very few people turned up and no-one bought anything. I was very disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. Such a great thought to keep in mind. I am so far behind in the course that I hadn't read this quote for myself and am so glad to have come across it from you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that hindsight is a wonderful equalizer. There usually is a balance somewhere, but sometimes it takes distance to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I believe things happen for a reason:D Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...