Friday 7 October 2011

Create Something Wild & Wonderful & Amazing

I did a little art therapy today - collage, sketching and 'painting'.

I started collaging the box I bought for Life book 2012 with some left over scraps of scrapbooking paper.  I found some with great words on them.

Inspire.  Create something wild & wonderful & amazing.
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then seem improbable and then, when we summon the will, they soon seem inevitable. - Christopher Reeve



I've also started the Fabulous Faces with the profile faces instead of facing portrait in week 1.  They look a lot like Tam's so I'll have to practice a little more and stylise her a bit more.


My BF and art buddy, Sandra, gave me a canvas as I haven't been able to get any and I put the first layer onto it today....


Any ideas of what I should do with this canvas???  Oh you're not thinking what I'm thinking are you?  A face???   Noooo...this canvas is big 30" x 30" or 76cm x 76cm.... we'll see....  ;) 


6 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having fun, Michelle. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Shell! Love all your abstract paintings. So vivid and full of colour. Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do with the big canvas :)
    Flora Bowley - was she at Nanga only to do a workshop or does she live there? Where did you find out about her workshops, please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, here are some of the links for Flora, she lives in Portland, Oregon and next year she is having a workshop in Mexico and in Bali. Sign up for her newsletter and if you are on facebook the search for Flora Bowley Paintings.

    http://www.florasbowley.com/
    http://florabowley.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle
    You signed up for Lifebook. Ok still deciding what to do? I feel like I have been signing myself up for eveything these days...but this course is looking like it will form another great "art community" connection. off to post for day 8 blogtoberfest....I still have all day! Julie

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...