Friday 16 December 2011

Fruit Mince Pie Anybody?

Yesterday I made fruit mince pies for my hubby because he loves them and he's been working so hard lately.  I also bought him some boutique beer.  He sees these two acts as acts of love which I find strange and hope he doesn't think that I don't love him when I don't do these things....due to forgetfulness and time and motivation constraints. 

I remembered to take pics which is not really a good idea when your hands are covered in flour....


Recipe:

Filling - I use a jar of Robinson's Fruit Mince - some people add grated apple to it and other things - I keep it simple and easy.

Pastry:

180g Plain flour
70g Self raising Flour
120g butter
water
milk
sugar



Place the flour and butter into the food processor, much easier than using your hands, and you could a tablespoon of caster sugar too.  Process until it looks like breadcrumbs then add a little water until it blends together and balls up.


Place flour on your pastry mat and rolling pin and tip out your dough and knead briefly into a flat ball shape.


Then roll out to a couple of millimetres thin and use a cutter to cut out circle shapes the correct size and place into a cupcake tin.


Fill each base with a teaspoon or two of fruit mince. 


Then place a lid on each base - use a little milk around the edges of both pieces of pastry to help glue the pie together. Brush milk on each lid and sprinkle with sugar.


I had some leftover pastry that I turned into a free form mince pie - I rolled it out, put some fruit mince in the centre and then brought the edges to the middle similiar to an envelope.

Bake in a hot oven, 220C, for 15-20 mins until golden brown - keep an eye on them in the last five mins.

Here they are baked and out of the oven.



Serve with a cuppa tea and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...