Sunday 24 February 2013

In the Arms of Love

I've been working on some new creations using the techniques I learnt at Squam with Sarah Ahearn Bellemare.

This is my first painting and I learnt a lot from the experience which translated means that there are a lot of 'mistakes' and errors but this also means it was a great success too. 

I was going to write the words "In the arms of love" on the painting but remembered too late and now I don't feel as if I have room.  But I love this photograph of my nanna and I when I was about 2 -3 years old, so I'll be making another.

"In The Arms of Love",  Mixed Media on Canvas Panel, 20cm x 20cm, 8" x8"


I used the photo transfer technique, stencilled tissue paper, doilly paper, handmade paper, acrylic paint, soft pastels, Stabilo Aquarellable pencil and gel medium.

I really need to get my mojo on and make more of these as they can be quite challenging and fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...