Tuesday 20 May 2014

New Art Space

I've been busy setting up my new art space and have found that it's a great space for art journaling. There's nothing really special to show you about it  except that it's my space. (For a really great studio then check out Kelly Rae Roberts - esp her home studio on Instagram.  sigh....)  It was my eldest son's room but he's moved out so we put his bed in the attic and put up some shelves.  He left his chair behind as he doesn't like it and I'm borrowing the card table which isn't really suitable as it has a soft top.


I've also got all my paintings together....eeek....some need to be thrown out, some haven't been varnished and can be painted over....the 'good' paintings are hanging up around the house....


This space ^^^^ is upstairs...oh have I shown you our stairs....spiral staircase as you open the front door.....hate it....but to change it means we may have to move the front door.....it's difficult to get things up there so my paints and easel and gelli printing gear is in the downstairs room...


The downstairs room was chockers...choc-o-block full.... now I can get in there grab my stuff and take it to the kitchen where there's plenty of light, water and benchtops.

Here it is full...

So now I can pop upstairs for an hour or so and collage and art journal with my gelli prints and all the gorgeous happy mail that I've received.  I'll show you some art journal pics tomorrow.

Thank you for NOT pinning the above pics to Pinterest. Ta, Mxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...